Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The First Taste: Amaretto Biscotti



As promised I have finally had my first tasting and I am happy to report that it was a success.

For my first tasting I chose the Amaretto Biscotti from Birch Fine Tea. The reason I chose this to be my first is primarily that it was one of the two caffeine free teas that were in my box this month. It is usually after my day job that I film these videos and I wasn't wanting to drink an entire cup of caffeine loaded tea and then try to go to bed an hour later.


I was also in the mood for something sweet. If you could smell this tea (and I am going to recommend you do, but like your own...not mine) you would know that this tea's aroma blankets you in sweetness. 


I picked Hubert the Elephant as my infuser and impatiently waited for my tea to steep. While I wasn't thrilled that the infuser didn't work as well as I'd hoped, releasing bits of the tea particles into my mug to float around, I will probably continue to use them. What can I say, I am sucker for all things adorable.


You can watch my full tasting experience here.




I loved the Amaretto Biscotti and ultimately rated it a 4 out of 5 on the Sipsby site. This rating is more to make my monthly boxes more catered to my liking versus giving a serious rating. However, another way to look at it is while I enjoyed this tea, I know I have liked others more and while I wouldn't mind getting similar types of tea I want to expand a little further out.

Now as for the book pairing.





It was hard to drink this tea out of my Alice in Wonderland mug and not think of England and it's hard for me to think of England and not think of Jane Austen. It was a pretty easy to follow along the path that lead me to selecting Pride and Prejudice.















It was just something in the semi-sweet, I need to be wearing a white lace dress and gloves, feeling that the tea was throwing at me. 

I thought of Elizabeth Bennet, how despite her being fierce and head strong that she would also enjoy a nice warm sweetened cup of tea now and then. Proving that you can be a bad ass female and still enjoy the girly things that life has to offer.




It brought me back to the world of one of my favorite stories. I will certainly go there each time a brew up a cup.

Amaretto Biscotti and Pride and Prejudice






No comments:

Post a Comment