Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Dreams Through the Rain


I've been up high in my office building glancing out each window I pass waiting for the clouds to open up and shed the tears they are trying so desperately to hold back. It doesn't rain a whole lot in my city so when it does it's like receiving a gift from a long lost friend.



I wish it rained more.

Rain makes me dream of a time in the hopefully near future where I won't have to wait for the rain to fall from a tall office building; glancing out windows in offices that aren't even mine. Instead I'll be in my writer's office facing a window all my own looking up at those swollen clouds waiting for the moment that my world will be once again be wiped clean.





Another thing that days like today bring to my life is the overwhelming urge to write. It's instinct, it's nature, it's...just who I am.

And here is where I have to apologize for not getting the schedule for this blog 100% down just yet. The logistics surrounding my day-t0-day life are much more complicated than I initially gave it credit for. For someone who has this need to write, you'd think I would be able to manage a blog on a fairly regular schedule.


I'll admit this has always been my problem in getting a decent blog off the ground as it were. Not to mention that depending on my mood, my feelings, or perhaps what someone has said or done during the day, I can simply gravitate toward one of my other projects, which also takes my time away.


And here is where, to make up for not producing a taste test video or a book review as of today, I have decided to let you in on the other projects that are currently vying for my time.


First and foremost is my novel. This painstaking passion project that I am almost two years into. It is my ultimate. Since I was a child I have written stories and I feel in a way that it has all culminated to this, my first completed novel.



HINT
I have a title, but you don't get to know it yet (unless of course you follow my twitter, though it could have changed since then). The first draft is almost complete and I am trying to give this project the time it deserves as this will be my gateway into the realm of authorship and writing full-time. This is the dream.

Aside from this, I just recently started a writing project with my very best friend. It was an idea hatched like many of my ideas are born, through silly whimsy and witty banter between to kindred souls.



Hint Hint
I'm not sure what the final project will ultimately be, frankly it could end up being any number of things. The good news is for this one I am not alone and when it is called for I can pass the buck as it were. I truly can't wait to see where this will take me and I am so honored and excited to have my best friend by my side for the entire trip.

After all of that we come back to this, my blog. A little thing that means a great deal to me. It has become the outlet that I didn't realize I needed and I am most anxious that it continue without much delay or interruption.


That being said I have decided to give myself a deadline. I hope to film my first taste by the end of this week and have it up by this weekend. As of now, my goal will be to simply film whenever I have a spare moment. I have four teas to taste and partner with a book and I am bound and determined to see it through.


Next Book Review: The World According to Garp by John Irving




Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Quote of the Day:
"Live righteously and love everyone; you will build up around you an aura of light and love."

No comments:

Post a Comment