Monday, July 30, 2018

Hibiscus Rooibos Tea Pairing


I came home today thinking, "I have a need for some herbal tea in my life."

I think it's stemming from the fact that I thought I was getting sick the other day, but it turns out it wasn't anything to worry my little heart over. Still, the idea of drinking herbal tea to cure any ills that may be lingering seemed too appealing. 


Tonight I will be enjoying the Hibiscus Rooibos from Rishi Tea. This was the one that I was all giddy about having the same root that is used in root beer. I can honestly say sitting here smelling it, I can confirm that the likelihood of it tasting like a Barq's Root Beer is pretty slim.


However, let me tell you about the smell. It is quite amazing. The ingredients are as follows: Organic rooibus (obvi), organic hibiscus flowers (yes), organic sarsaparilla root, organic lemongrass, organic rosehips, organic licorice root, natural passion fruit flavor, essential orange oil, organic orange peel, natural pineapple and mango flavors.

You can definitely smell the roots an orange, the pineapple and mango not so much, but I believe they are just overpowered by the overwhelming amount of orange citrus.


Now on to the taste. Again, you get a lot of root/earthy taste but intermixed with that is a strong citrus. While we know most of it is orange, it's not just that. I can definitely taste the orange, but it is mixed with the pineapple and mango, though if there weren't a list of ingredients in front of me I would have no idea that those were the two other fruit flavorings.

The herbal tea aspect gives off a sort of comfort and definitely feels good for my mind and body. While the added fruit flavors give it a more adventurous feel.

It would appear that the only book I can think of right now to pair with this amazing tea is The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde.


It is a heavily meta book dealing with all things literature with a sprinkle of mystery and adventure. I'd say the Hibiscus Rooibos and The Eyre Affair were simply meant to be.

I do think it's time that I give that book a second reading and I know that when I do it will be curled up on my couch with this lovely herbal tea.

Coming Soon!
I have many book reviews headed your way. I am still working on finishing Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. That thing is 800 pages. I will get to the end come hell or high water.

I also started some ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies) that I received in exchange for reviews. The first is by Devyn Jayse called Supernatural Slayer. It is an urban fantasy and so definitely right up my alley. I'll admit I am excited to read this one and I am thankful that I have been asked to read and review it.

The second ARC is Access Restricted by Gregory Scott Katsoulis. I read the first in his series All Rights Reserved and while it started out as a happy experience I can't say I ended it feeling the way I wanted to feel. I did say in my review of All Rights Reserved that if the second book came out and I found out about it I would give it a shot. Well here's me staying true to my word. Let's just hope I'm not let down by my enthusiasm like before.

Other than that I will also have another tea pairing coming your way soon.

Until then Read, Sip, and Be Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment